Are you a Washington Capitals fan & enjoy DB beer?
Looks like you’ve
come to the right place.
Devils Backbone Brewing Company is a proud sponsor of the Washington Capitals and what better way to support our team and fellow Caps fans then to brew a beer together?! Capit-Ale IPA will be available in Capital One Arena and on draft at select retail partners around DC!
Now about this contest…
At Devils Backbone we have something in common with Caps fans – we’re passionate about our beer and hockey. So we thought, why not collaborate? Submit your original art using the provided template as a guide and you’ll be entered for a chance to get your design printed on the Capit-Ale India Pale Ale beer can! In addition to getting your art on the beer can, the winning artist will also win tickets to see the Caps play and have their art recognized in the arena at the Devils Backbone bar for the beauty that it is!
Check out the guidelines and official rules below, then submit your original Caps can-worthy art!
- All entries should use the template as a guide to reference size of the label and where the logos and name of the beer will cover the art. Art should be submitted without the logo boxes and name of the beer over the art.
- Entries will be received between July 22, 2019 and October 18, 2019.
- Winning beer will be selected by Devils Backbone Brewing Company and Washington Capitals organization.
- Art will be reviewed on the criteria of creativity, originality, representation of Devils Backbone Brewing Company and Washington Capitals branding.
- Do not use Capitals players (including jersey numbers) or their likeness in the art.
- Do not use the DC flag in art.
- Art must be original and created by the person submitting.
- Entrant must be a resident with a zip-code located within 75 miles of Capital One Arena. Be sure your residence zip-code is listed in the drop-down on the submission form.
- Entrant must be 21 years of age or older.
- Acceptable image formats are.psd, .pdf, png., .jpg, .tiff,.bmp, 300 dpi or higher. Artwork should be in CMYK. Any amount of colors is acceptable.
- Use the template as a guide only, do NOT place artwork on the template. Open the template in image editing software (i.e.: Photoshop, Illustrator, or Corel Draw) or print to size and create artwork on a separate piece of paper (a lightbox is recommended for this method).
- All text will be WHITE. Make sure the background is dark enough, and not too busy for lettering to show.
- You do not have to avoid the logo zones/name/title entirely, just keep in mind that area of the artwork will be covered.
- Allow for 1/8 inch bleed on all sides
- Keep in mind that only part of your artwork will be visible from the front of the can
If you have questions please contact Celeste.Alexander@dbbrewingcompany.com