2020 DB HIKING GEAR GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN DC, DE, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA and WV ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The “2020 DB Hiking Gear Giveaway” (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of DC, DE, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA and WV who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers and agents of Anheuser-Busch, LLC, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries; advertising and promotion agencies, wholesale distributors, retail licensees and all other service agencies involved with the Sweepstakes, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child and sibling), are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD:
Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on June 22, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on July 26, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period is divided into two (2) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as defined in the chart below. Sponsor’s designated official computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
06/22/20; 12:00:00 p.m. EDT
07/05/20;11:59:59 p.m. EDT
07/13/20; 12:00:00 p.m. EDT
07/26/20;11:59:59 p.m. EDT
- THREE (3) WAYS TO ENTER:
(1) Facebook: During the Sweepstakes Period, look for Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post inviting entrants to enter for a chance to win. Comment on Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post and include the hashtags #SlowbyNature and #Sweepstakes (“Entry”). You must be a registered user of Facebook and follow Devils Backbone Brewing Company on Facebook in order to enter the Sweepstakes via Facebook. Facebook registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.facebook.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
(2) Instagram: During the Sweepstakes Period, look for Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post inviting entrants to enter for a chance to win. Comment on Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post and include the hashtags #SlowbyNature and #Sweepstakes (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Instagram and follow Devils Backbone Brewing Company on Instagram in order to enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram. Instagram registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.instagram.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
(3) Twitter: During the Sweepstakes Period, look for Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post inviting entrants to enter for a chance to win. Comment on Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post and include the hashtags #SlowbyNature and #Sweepstakes (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow @dbbrewingco on Twitter in order to enter the Sweepstakes via Twitter. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
Your settings must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. Only posts that are viewable by Sponsor and its agents will be considered an Entry.
All Entries must be received and recorded during the Sweepstakes Period. No other forms of Entry are valid. See Appendix A for additional Entry Guidelines. Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Appendix A) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
- SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING:
One (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about each Drawing Date as defined in Rules #2 from among all eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received for the applicable Entry Period. Non-winning Entries from Entry Period 1 do not carry forward to the Entry Period 2 random drawing.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION:
All prizes will be awarded. Potential winners will be notified via email or via direct message on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and will be required to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification within the forty-eight (48) hour time period, prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within the time frame stated above.
Potential winner may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, unless prohibited by law, publicity release to Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative within forty-eight (48) hours of prize acceptance. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, including verification that the winner is twenty-one (21) years of age or older, the potential winner will be declared an official winner of the Contest. If Sponsor cannot verify that the potential winner is twenty-one (21) years of age or older prior to winner notification, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected.
In the event of noncompliance within any stated time period, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate potential winner.
Released Parties are not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless, or land-line phone service or a change in an entrant’s email, phone number or mailing address which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification or his/her prize information.
- PRIZE DETAILS:
Prize (2 total; 1 per Entry Period; see Rule #2; see Rule #4): Each winner will receive one (1) “Hiking Gear Swag Pack” that includes one (1) DB Osprey Nebula Backpack, one (1) Cascade Mtn Tech Aluminum Trekking Poles, one (1) Snow Peak cook set, one (1) Black Diamond Spot Headlamp and one (1) DB iconic dry bag. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $255.00. If winner cannot accept prize as specified by Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Total ARV of all prizes is $510.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used.
If Sponsor so elects, potential winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, sexual offenses, or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that the potential winner will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, potential winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. In the event of noncompliance, to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABLITY AND RLEASE:
Anheuser-Busch, LLC, Devils Backbone Brewing Company and each of and its affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered Entries, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Sponsor’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of Sweepstakes be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and determine the winners from valid, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries from multiple users having the same Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts, the authorized subscriber of the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account by the ISP or other organization responsible for assigning the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account. All materials submitted become the property of Anheuser-Busch, LLC, and will not be returned.
Entrants agree (a) that Sponsor, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, and (b) winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, biographical information and/or likeness, Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval as permitted by law.
- PUBLICITY AND COPYRIGHT LICENSE:
You grant Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferrable right and license to exploit your Entry (including, without limitation, your name and likeness and the names and likenesses of any and all persons in the Entry, and any intellectual property rights (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.) contained in the Entry) in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, intellectual property rights, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, display, distribute, publicly perform, create derivative works of, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use including without limitation, distribution, reproduction, creation of derivative works of, public performance, or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant, Administrator, and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you, Administrator and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Missouri without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. The place of arbitration shall be St. Louis, Missouri.
- WINNER’S LIST:
For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2020 DB Hiking Gear Giveaway Winners List Request, c/o Devils Backbone Brewing Company, 50 North Wind Lane, Lexington, VA 24450 for receipt by September 26, 2020.
Anheuser-Busch, LLC, One Busch Place, St. Louis, MO 63118.
Devils Backbone Brewing Company, 50 North Wind Lane, Lexington, VA 24450.
© 2020 Anheuser-Busch, St. Louis, MO
© 2020 Devils Backbone Brewing Company, Lexington, VA
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
ENTRY GUIELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT
Entries must meet the following requirements:
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 21 years of age; (e) otherwise fails to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/assets/uploads/BI-AdCode-5-2011.pdf; (f) contain or reference trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Devils Backbone Brewing Company), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages); or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be used in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries are the views/opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.