Devils Backbone Guests,
The health and safety of our customers, employees and community are our top priorities. In response to Governor Northam’s announcement on May 8, 2020, we will be opening our outdoor spaces at Basecamp and Outpost for on-site dining on Friday, May 15th. We are excited to reopen our doors, and we know that our ability to keep them open in the long run will be based on our commitment to operate in a way that minimizes the risk to our staff, guests, and community.
Therefore, based on the recommendations of state government and medical officials, we will be implementing a number of changes to our operations upon opening, including (but not limited to):
- Layout and Capacity: We’ve adjusted our table layout to ensure proper social distancing between all tables. We have taken advantage of our ample outdoor space to ensure tables are sufficiently distanced.
- Reservations: To ensure we do not exceed our capacity limitation, and minimize waiting crowds, reservations will be required for on-site dining until further notice. You MUST have a reserved table to dine in at either of our locations. Reservations for Basecamp must be made through Resy and can be made in advance, or from your car upon arrival if tables are available. If needed, we’ll have designated areas where guests can wait for their table while following social distancing guidelines. Reservations will be limited to a maximum of 6 guests per table, including children.
- Staff Precautions:
- Temperature Checks: We will continue to perform temperature checks on all staff as they arrive at work.
- Face Coverings and Gloves: All staff will wear face coverings that comply with CDC guidance, and gloves.
- Segregation of Duties: We have split our staff responsibilities to separate those that will interact with guests, take orders, and deliver food and drinks and those that will handle bussing and sanitization tasks.
- Training: We have provided additional training to our staff on proper sanitization procedures, and how to properly use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Sanitization and Single Use:
- Sanitization: Tables and chairs will be sanitized between each seating. Bathrooms and other high traffic areas will be limited in capacity and sanitized regularly.
- Single Use Items: Until further notice, all food and beverage service will utilize single use dishware, cutlery, and cups/pints.
- Menus and Ordering: Online menus, ordering and contactless payment will be available and preferred for food and beverage service. Single use printed menus will be available as a backup.
- Guest Face Coverings: We are requiring that all guests wear face coverings when not seated at their tables. We ask that you bring your own covering; however, we will provide them for a nominal charge if a you do not have one on arrival. You can check out the CDC’s recommendations for face coverings here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
- Curbside Pickup: We will continue to offer curbside pickup for those who prefer to enjoy our food and beverages at home.
Out of respect to our community, we want to operate with an abundance of caution, and I thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with these new and unfamiliar procedures. They will not be forever, but they are here for now.
Chief Operating Officer
Devils Backbone Brewing Company