At Devils Backbone, the health and safety of our customers, employees, and local community we call home is our top priority.
We are excited to share that we will reopen Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen for outdoor seating and limited indoor seating on Monday, July 20th while following all guidelines set forth by Gov. Northam. To help us give you the best dining and beer drinking experience at our pub, we will open with limited indoor and outdoor seating by reservation only. Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen will continue to offer Curbside Pickup. We will be requiring all guests to wear face coverings whenever not seated at their reserved table. Please read below to see new safety precautions, guest requirements, and information on how to make your reservations before heading our way.
In accordance with Governor Northam’s Executive Order for Virginians to stay at home and practice social distancing in an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19, all Devils Backbone weekly events will be cancelled temporarily. Stay tuned for Basecamp festival updates. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and look forward to hosting events in Lexington again, as soon as we can do it safely.
Devils Backbone Guests,
The health and safety of our customers, employees and community are our top priorities. In response to Governor Northam’s announcement on May 8, 2020, we will be opening our outdoor spaces at Basecamp and Outpost for on-site dining on Friday, May 15th. We are excited to reopen our doors, and we know that our ability to keep them open in the long run will be based on our commitment to operate in a way that minimizes the risk to our staff, guests, and community.
Therefore, based on the recommendations of state government and medical officials, we will be implementing a number of changes to our operations upon opening, including (but not limited to):
- Layout and Capacity: We’ve adjusted our table layout to limit our seating to 50% of normal capacity. We have taken advantage of our ample outdoor space to ensure tables are sufficiently distanced.
- Reservations: To ensure we do not exceed our capacity limitation, and minimize waiting crowds, reservations will be required for on-site dining until further notice. You MUST have a reserved table to dine in at either of our locations. Reservations must be made through Resy for Outpost reservations, and can be made in advance, or from your car upon arrival if tables are available. If needed, we’ll have designated areas where guests can wait for their table while following social distancing guidelines. Reservations will be limited to a maximum of 6 guests per table, including children.
- Staff Precautions:
- Temperature Checks: We will continue to perform temperature checks on all staff as they arrive at work.
- Face Coverings and Gloves: All staff will wear face coverings that comply with CDC guidance, and gloves.
- Segregation of Duties: We have split our staff responsibilities to separate those that will interact with guests, take orders, and deliver food and drinks and those that will handle bussing and sanitization tasks.
- Training: We have provided additional training to our staff on proper sanitization procedures, and how to properly use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Sanitization and Single Use:
- Sanitization: Tables and chairs will be sanitized between each seating. Bathrooms and other high traffic areas will be limited in capacity and sanitized regularly.
- Single Use Items: Until further notice, all food and beverage service will utilize single use dishware, cutlery, and cups/pints.
- Menus and Ordering: Online menus, ordering and contactless payment will be available and preferred for food and beverage service. Single use printed menus will be available as a backup.
- Guest Face Coverings: We are requiring that all guests wear face coverings when not seated at their tables. We ask that you bring your own covering; however, we will provide them for a nominal charge if a you do not have one on arrival. You can check out the CDC’s recommendations for face coverings here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
- Curbside Pickup: We will continue to offer curbside pickup, for those who prefer to enjoy our food and beverages at home.
Out of respect to our community, we want to operate with an abundance of caution, and I thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with these new and unfamiliar procedures. They will not be forever, but they are here for now.
Chief Operating Officer
Devils Backbone Brewing Company
Curbside Pickup & Limited Indoor and Outdoor Seating
What to know before you go:
- Reservations required
- Accepting parties of 6 or less, children included
- Guests are required to wear face covering while
not seated at their reserved table
With the Blue Ridge as our backdrop.
You’ll find Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen on a beautiful hillside in Lexington, Virginia just over the Blue Ridge Mountains from Basecamp. It houses our custom-built brewhouse featuring a 120 barrel Rolec Brewing system, bottling and canning lines, and the Tap Room & Kitchen where you can belly up to the bar for a pint, sampler flight, or beer to-go 7 days a week.
Tours will only be on Saturdays on the hours at 2, 3, 4, and 5 pm (Depending on the brewing schedule/brewer’s discretion, these aren’t guaranteed.)
Tours are limited to 15 people, ages 12 and up. Be sure to wear completely closed shoes – ballet flats or Sperry style shoes are not permitted.)
Our kitchen will put together a hearty meal just the way you like it (and serve you some other yummy snacks while you wait). With live music, a merchandise shop, the outdoor bier-garden, and fresh, award-winning beer on tap — there are plenty of reasons to come visit us.
Menu On Draft Curbside Pickup